Apparel Design Assistant
Location: Goodlands, Mauritius
The role you’ll play:
ABANA is building a B2B platform which will attract the diverse stakeholders of the Textile & Apparel eco-system in the Indian Ocean and Africa. Your role will be to assist our Head Designer in the development of our Drops Collections and contribute fresh new influences.
Your Main Tasks:
- Assist in the creation of monthly mood-boards which align with our customers’ positioning.
- Research yarn and fabric options available locally and internationally.
- Translate design ideas into tech-sheets understandable by manufacturers
- Collaborate with our supplier partners to develop appropriate products for specific Drops
- Assist in organising photo and video-shoots
- Compose accompanying texts for the Drops e-commerce visuals.
What you bring to the table:
- A degree in Fashion design with a focus on apparel.
- Work experience in developing fashion collections, preferably in an international environment.
- A broad technical understanding across apparel categories including flat & circular knits and woven.
- An ability to communicate with manufacturers and convey design & aesthetic requirements within technical limits.
- Organizational skills and the ability to deliver to strict deadlines – this is not a 9-5 job
We are an ambitious start-up and we wish to attract multi-disciplinary and like-minded individuals to the team. You will thrive here if:
- You are passionate about serving customers – both internal and external.
- You are not scared to speak up but you are equally a great listener
- You have strong problem solving & analytical skills and are able to bring solutions that deliver real business value.
- You are able to recognize and maximize new business opportunities.
- You have a self-imposed commitment to exceed goals
- You are willing – and happy – to support related functions
- You want to make a difference.