Head of Collections
Location: Location: Goodlands, Mauritius
The role you’ll play:
ABANA is building a B2B platform which will attract the diverse stakeholders of the Texitle & Apparel eco-system in the Indian Ocean and Africa. Your role will be to assist our Head Designer in the development of our Drops Collections and contribute fresh new influences.
Your Main Tasks:
- Working with our Design team to develop the Drop Collection Plans
- Communicating with our supplier partners to ensure each product meets the highest standards of quality – material, fit and attention to detail.
- Ensure that each Drop capsule has a coherent look and feel.
- Working with our Design and Visual Assets teams to organise photo and video shoots.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years leadership experience in an apparel manufacturing or sourcing environment
- A broad technical understanding across apparel categories including flat & circular knits and woven.
- Experience in managing photo-shoots – work in e-commerce would be a definite advantage.
- The ability to manage teams to meet strict dead-lines without compromising customer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership, organizational and human skills
- Focus on achieving results and meeting objectives – this is not a 9-5 job.
We are an ambitious start-up and we wish to attract multi-disciplinary and like-minded individuals to the team. You will thrive here if:
- You are passionate about serving customers – both internal and external.
- You are not scared to speak up but you are equally a great listener
- You have strong problem solving & analytical skills and are able to bring solutions that deliver real business value.
- You are able to recognize and maximize new business opportunities.
- You have a self-imposed commitment to exceed goals
- You are willing – and happy – to support related functions
- You want to make a difference.