Location: Goodlands, Mauritius
The role you’ll play:
ABANA is building a B2B platform which will attract the diverse stakeholders of the Texitle & Apparel eco-system in the Indian Ocean and Africa. Your role will be to assist our Head Designer in the development of our Drops Collections and contribute fresh new influences.
Your Main Tasks:
- Working with our Design team & Head of Collections to develop the Drop Collection Plans
- Work closely with our partner factories to identify, propose and develop relevant products
- Follow up product development and ensure samples are delivered as per photo-shoot deadlines.
- Ensure that production is delivered on-time for Drop schedules.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years leadership experience in an apparel manufacturing or sourcing environment
- A broad technical understanding across apparel categories including flat & circular knits and woven.
- The ability to manage teams to meet strict dead-lines without compromising customer satisfaction.
- Strong leadership, organizational and human skills
- Focus on achieving results and meeting objectives – this is not a 9-5 job.
We are an ambitious start-up and we wish to attract multi-disciplinary and like-minded individuals to the team. You will thrive here if:
- You are passionate about serving customers – both internal and external.
- You are not scared to speak up but you are equally a great listener
- You have strong problem solving & analytical skills and are able to bring solutions that deliver real business value.
- You are able to recognize and maximize new business opportunities.
- You have a self-imposed commitment to exceed goals
- You are willing – and happy – to support related functions
- You want to make a difference.